Overloaded circuits are some of the major causes of electrical fires in homes. An electrical overload will occur when you draw too much electricity than what your circuits can safely handle. And this usually happens when you connect too many electrical fixtures or components to a given circuit. An overloaded circuit is dangerous because you may end up with losses resulting from damaged electrical equipment and appliances. What's more, overloading a circuit may result in overheating of the electrical components, which is what often results in electrical fires.